Oatmeal Pumpkin CookiesWritten by Jamie on November 27, 2013
- 2 cups stone ground wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp butter (room temp.)
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 bag of white chips
- 1 cup toasted almonds (optional)
- 1/2 cup diced crystalized ginger (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the stone ground wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon until very well combined.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter (room temperature), pumpkin, brown sugar, and white sugar on low speed.
- Once they’re well combined, add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined again.
- Add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and beat on low speed just until a thick, creamy batter forms.
- Add the dry oats and dried cranberries, almonds (if desired) and ginger (if desired) and stir them into the batter with a spoon.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use non-stick cooking spray
- Spoon the batter onto the baking sheet in 2 Tbsp portions, leaving about 1.5 inches between each cookie.
- The cookies will not spread much during baking, so gently pat them down into flattened circles.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 16-18 minutes, or until slightly browned on the surface. Allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack before eating.