Spiked Strawberry Pineapple CompoteWritten by Jamie on August 03, 2013
This filling pairs great with the Sangria cupcake recipe, or as a delicious jam.
- 2 cups strawberries (diced)
- 1 cup pineapple (diced)
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 tsp. butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Grand Marnier
- Pour strawberries and pineapple into a deep pot and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Once the strawberries are boiling, add the sugar and stir until it is dissolved.
- Stir constantly so the sugar doesn’t burn.
- Bring to a boil and then add the butter.
- The addition of butter keeps the foam volume down.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and boil the jam for about 30 minutes, until thickened to jam like consistency.
- Stir in the Grand Marnier.
- Store in the refrigerator and serve within 1 week.