Nothing says "Summer" better than Watermelon, Cherry and Peach salsa. The fruit provides a lot of natural sweetness, and this recipe does not require sugar. Add jalapeno to taste. Serve chilled with chips, and enjoy!
This recipe makes about 3 cups of salsa. Give or take.
- 1/2 pound of fresh cherries
- ~2 pounds of fresh watermelon
- 1 large peach
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/2 of a red onion, minced
- 1 garlic petal, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 3 shallots
- 3 petals of garlic
- olive oil
- himalayan salt
- 2 limes
- Roast the shallots and garlic:
- Chop shallots into quarters, and roast in olive oil until brown and caramelized.
- Remove garlic skin and roast in olive oil on 350 for about 10 minutes.
- When cooled, puree in food processor.
- Chop the fruit:
- Chop the watermelon into little cubes, almost like it is a tomato.
- Remove the seeds from the cherries and process in food processor. Repeat with the peach.
- Mix together:
- Mix all vegetables and fruit together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, along with jalapeno.
- Add juice from 1 1/2 limes. Taste, and add the remaining lime juice if needed.
- Add more fruit or sugar if the salsa becomes to hot.
- Add more onion if the salsa is too sweet.