Cornmeal Encrusted Sockeye SalmonWritten by Jamie on February 01, 2012
- 2 tbsp mango or peach preserves
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 (6-ounce) center-cut sockeye salmon fillets with skin
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- On a large plate, mix together flour, cornmeal, sugar and salt.
- Preheat a large skillet.
- Season salmon with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Brush preserves over top of salmon, then dredge in cornmeal mixture.
- Add oil and butter to skillet.
- Over high heat, sear salmon cornmeal mixture face down until golden, about 6 to 8 minutes for medium rare, flipping halfway through to crisp skin.