No Apology Kol Nidre SalmonWritten by eric katz on October 12, 2011
This is a great quick meal on any night, but it is especially good on Kol Nidre eve, prior to your Yom Kippur fast. Plus, you won't have to do any repenting because this is pretty healthy meal. If you have committed any transgressions against your fellow man or woman, feel free to invite them- after a taste of this salmon, you are sure to be forgiven.
- mix some soy sauce (1 teaspoon) and mirin (2 table spoons)
- sprikle salmon (1 pound about 1 inch thick with skin) with salt and black pepper
- dice red pepper and 3 gloves of garlic
- place mixed greens on serving platter
- heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- add some salt and red pepper flakes
- cook diced peppers over medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- add garlic
- move red pepper to side in pan and saute the salmon on skin side first (4 minutes) followed by other side (4 minutes)
- top mixed greens with cooked salmon then red peppers and drizzle with soy/mirin mixture
- eat guilt free