Black Bean SaladWritten by CMP on April 14, 2010
With summer getting closer it's time to brush up on some quick sides and salads that are versatile enough to serve with just about anything. This one came from my wife asking me to pick up a bean salad from the deli counter, but the line was just too long and, well, why not make it yourself?
- 1 24oz Can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Package of Frozen Corn
- 1/2 Red Onion, cut into small dice
- 1 Ripe Tomato, cut into small dice
- 1/2 of a Jalapeno, seeds removed and diced very finely
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Juice from 2 Limes
- 2 Tsp Honey
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
Cook the corn in boiling water until just done. Don't let it get mushy. Drain the water and place in a large mixing bowl with all the other ingredients.
Mix well and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.